|*All information found on this page and the Rochester Links at the right were brought to my attention by Tom McDonald. Thanks Tom!
1860 Census: Population 2069 people .63% of NH
- Rochester had 45 men hire substitutees to take their place in the War.
- Rochester soldiers faced action in Getttysburg, Spottsylvania, Cold Harbor, Antietam, Port Hudson, and Fair Oaks to name a few.
- Six Rochester men faced time in the dreaded Andersonville Prison
- Rochester resident Charles Melville - U.S. Navy earned the Medal of Honor
* Of those who died, 31 died from illness
|Charles W Canney Camp #5 SUVCW|
|Rochester's Medal of Honor Recipient|